Narration/ Speech

Set: A

1. Direct Speech: She says, “I am ill”
Indirect Speech: She says that she is ill.

2. Direct Speech: Runa says, “We are going to school.”
Indirect Speech: Runa says that they are going to school.

Set: B

1. Direct Speech: Salim will say, “I am well”
Indirect Speech: Salim will say that he is well.

2. Direct Speech: He will say, “I am a good boy.”
Indirect Speech: He will say that he is a good boy.

Set: C

1. Direct Speech: He said, “I write a letter.”
Indirect Speech: He said that he wrote a letter.

2. Direct Speech: Rina said, “I shall do the work.”
Indirect Speech: Rina said that she would do the work.

3. Direct Speech: The boy said, “I am reading a book.”
Indirect Speech: The boy said that he was reading a book.

Set: D

1. Direct Speech: Rina said to me, “You have done well in the examination.”
Indirect Speech: Rina said to/ told me that I had done well in the examination.

Set: E

1. Direct Speech: The teacher said, “The earth moves round the sun.”
Indirect Speech: The teacher said that the earth moves round the sun.

Set: F (Assertive Sentence)

1. Direct Speech: Laboni said, “I shall do the sum.”
Indirect Speech: Laboni said that she would do the sum.

2. Direct Speech: Kamal said to me, “He will go to Dhaka”
Indirect Speech: Kamal said to me that he would go to Dhaka.

3. Direct Speech: They say to me, “You can help your father”
Indirect Speech: They tell me that I can help my father.

Set: G (Interrogative Sentence)

1. Direct Speech: Mother said to me, “Have you written the letter?”
Indirect Speech: Mother asked me if I had written the letter.

2. Direct Speech: Teacher said to me, “Will you go home?”
Indirect Speech: Teacher asked me if/ whether I would go home.

3. Direct Speech: Robin said, “Do you like flowers?”
Indirect Speech: Robin asked if I liked flowers.

4. Direct Speech: Teacher said to me, “Did you write an application?”
Indirect Speech: Teacher asked me if I had written an application.

5. Direct Speech: The man said to me, “What is your name?”
Indirect Speech: The man asked me what my name was.

6. Direct Speech: He said to me, “Where is the book?”
Indirect Speech: He asked me where the book was.

7. Direct Speech: Father said, “Which book have you read?”
Indirect Speech: Father asked which book I had read.

8. Direct Speech: Mother said to me, “Why did you go there?”
Indirect Speech: Mother asked me why I had gone there.

9. Direct Speech: Jim said to me, “When have you come?”
Indirect Speech: Jim asked me when I had come.

Set: H (Imperative Sentence)

1. Direct Speech: Mother said to me, “Always speak the truth.”
Indirect Speech: Mother advised me to speak the truth always.

2. Direct Speech: Teacher said to me, “Do it at once.”
Indirect Speech: Teacher told me to do it at once.

3. Direct Speech: Mother said to me, “Do not run in the sun.”
Indirect Speech: Mother ordered/ advised me not to run in the sun.

4. Direct Speech: Salim said to Rony, “Please lend me your pen.”
Indirect Speech: Salim requested Rony to lend him (S) his pen.
                       Or, Salim requested Rony to kindly lend him (S) his pen.

5. Direct Speech: He said to me, “Please don’t tell him the secrecy.”
Indirect Speech: He requested me not to tell him the secrecy.

6. Direct Speech: She said, “Rina, come here.”
Indirect Speech: She told Rina to go there.
                       Or, Addressing Rina she told her to go there.

7. Direct Speech: Students said to me, “Let us arrange for a picnic.”
Indirect Speech: Students proposed to me that they should arrange for a picnic.

8. Direct Speech: Friends said to me, “Let us read the book.”
Indirect Speech: Friends suggested me that we should read the book.

9. Direct Speech: Rakib said, “Let him say whatever he likes.”
Indirect Speech: Rakib said that he might say whatever he liked.

10. Direct Speech: He said to me, “Let me come in.”
Indirect Speech: He requested me that he might be allowed to come in.


Set: I (Optative Sentence)

1. Direct Speech: My mother said, “May God bless you.”
Indirect Speech: My mother prayed that God might bless me.

2. Direct Speech: Tamim said, “Long live the king.”
Indirect Speech: Tami prayed that the king might live long.

3. Direct Speech: Nazneen said, “May you be happy.”
Indirect Speech: Nazneen wished that I might be happy.

Set: J (Exclamatory Sentence)

1. Direct Speech: He said, “What a fool you are!”
Indirect Speech: He exclaimed with joy that I was a great fool.

2. Direct Speech: Shima said to him, “What a happy news it is!”
Indirect Speech: Shima told that it was a very happy news.

3. Direct Speech: Razu said, “Alas! My mother is dead.”
Indirect Speech: Razu exclaimed with sorrow that his mother was dead.
Axact

Digital STUDY Center

Digital Study Center offers an effective and amazing learning platform for keen learn students in the world. We identify the needs and demands of the keen learn students which is why we stand out unique in the crowd.

Post A Comment:

0 comments:

Dear readers,
Your feedback is usually appreciated. We'll reply to your queries among 24hrs. Before writing your comments, please read the the subsequent directions attentively:

1. Please comments in English. We accept only English comments.

2. Please don't Spam. All spammed comments will be deleted as before long as pobile, after review.

3. Please don't Add Links with your comments as they won't be published.

4. If We can be of assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.